Sanjana and ' Bedroom at Arles'

When I saw my niece, Sanjana's painting; I felt a lot of similarity with ‘Bedroom of Arles’ by Van Gogh. Her choice of bright and vibrant colors and portrayal of room in sharp and pointed form have strong semblance.

Sanjana's painting was selected from her school for auction to help raise funds for scholarships. Her painting was sold for $175.00.

Bedroom of Arles was painting of Van Gogh’s bedroom and the way he described it to his brother Theo: I simply reproduces my bedroom; but colour must be abundant in this part, its simplification adding a rank of grandee to the style applied to the objects, getting to suggest a certain rest or dream. Well, I have thought that on watching the composition we stop thinking and imagining. I have painted the walls pale violet. The ground with checked material. The wooden bed and the chairs, yellow like fresh butter; the sheet and the pillows, lemon light green. The bedspread, scarlet coloured. The window, green. The washbasin, orangey; the tank, blue. The doors, lilac. And, that is all. There is not anything else in this room with closed shutters. The square pieces of furniture must express unswerving rest; also the portraits on the wall, the mirror, the bottle, and some costumes. The white colour has not been applied to the picture, so its frame will be white, aimed to get me even with the compulsory rest recommended for me. I have depicted no type of shade or shadow; I have only applied simple plain colors, like those in crêpes.

I must check with Sanjana what thoughts she must have had while drawing it and opting for her choice of colors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice painting i ever seen!
Anonymous said…
Lovely!!! Thanks for sharing. God bless her creativity.
Anonymous said…
this is so beautiful oscar.....congratulations to ur niece and u to share this with us
Anonymous said…
Very nice, congratulations! - Teresa from Mexico
Anonymous said…
Wow! A great painter is in the making...
Anonymous said…
Wow! thats a beautiful painting by Sanjana. A good perception of depth

Popular posts from this blog

10cc gulp and 24 hour high

Rabbit and Tortoise story in Marathi musical

Madhav Julian and Indiver -प्रेमस्वरुप आई and Zindgi Ka Safar