"Dooba Dooba rehta hoon Ankhon main teri" ... "I am submerged in the depth of your eyes".

Get this widget Share Track details

In my teenage years , Guitar was the symbol of liberation and youth and it very much remained till I finished my college. Attractive shapes, colors and variations made this instrument looked sleek to most of other modern instruments. In those days, in commercial orchestra team, Guitar player took a prominent place along with saxophone, accordion and drums. I never got a chance to play around Guitar but always made it a point to touch this instrument whenever I walked in to any music shop. During Mount Mary fair, in the bylanes of Bandra west, I would stop outside the home of christian families when I would hear strings of Guitar. Listening to Brijbhushan Kabra in ‘Call of the valley’ brought the beauty of Guitar as an instrument that can bring finer nuances of Indian classical Raga.

But with growing years, impact of Guitar got diminished with other string instruments like Sitar, Sarod quenching the thirst of musical ears. With Bruce Springsteen and other groups in 80’s, Guitar for me turned into heavy metal instrument that churned out nothing but cacophony accompanied by shrilling noise of a singer.

Silk Route in early 90’s brought back wonderful memories of Guitar. The song ‘ Dooba Dooba… ’ made Silk Route famous and sadly got buried under weight of the success of this album. Where is Silk Route these days ? This song "Dooba Dooba" - debut by this Indian Pop group was one of those initial ventures by Indian Pop youngsters as MTV took over India . The video of this song, shot underwater, was equally creative as guitar chords used in the songs. Y’day, when I heard the MP3 version of this song, I couldn’t resist putting the widget of this song on my blog. I also remember buying a CD of Channel V of its 32 songs, most of them were useless , just to have Dooba Dooba in my collection and also going to Planet M in South Extension, New delhi when the group came to play this song as a part of the promotion for the stores.

When I retire and if I ever start learning or playing Guitar , I would definitely try my hand on Dooba Dooba , with following chords

G C D
Dooba dooba rehta hoon aankhon me teri
G C D
Deewana ban gaya hoon main chaahat me teri
Am Bm
Ab din guzarte nahin
Am Bm
Ratein kat-ti nahin
Am Bm Am Bm G
Teri tasvir se baat ban-ti nahin... Aa-ja
G, C, Am, G
G
Koi jaane na
Pehchaane na
Am D
Yeh hua kaise
C D
Tum aagaye kwabon mein aise
Am Bm Am Bm
Bewafa... sun oh bewafa... na jaa

Dooba dooba rehta hoon aankhon me teri
Tum jo mil gaye
Deeye jal gaye
Mere khwabon mein
Ban jao tum mere hamsafar
Bewafa ... sun oh bewafa ... bewafa... na jaa

Dooba dooba rehta hoon aankhon me teri
Deewana ban gaya hoon main chaahat me teri

Ab din guzarte nahin
Raaten kat-ti nahin
Teri tasvir se bat banti nahin... oh aa-ja
Na ja bewafa
Oh bewafa... sun oh bewafa... na jaa

Comments

skullz said…
Perpetually the best and my favourite song .. Dooba Dooba rehta hoon

Popular posts from this blog

10cc gulp and 24 hour high

Rabbit and Tortoise story in Marathi musical

Madhav Julian and Indiver -प्रेमस्वरुप आई and Zindgi Ka Safar