Prof. Abdul Kalam

Year 1998: Siri Fort Sports complex: Time – Post dusk evenings. I would cross Prof Abdul Kalam every evening when I would go for jog; often this would happen along the golf course on the dirt track provided for joggers. He would have a brisk walk all by himself. Here was a man who was an architect of missile systems in India, a recipient of Bharat Ratna and there was neither security nor any paraphernalia around him

I saw him next time toilet airport toilet when we were next to eachother. I could observe his unobtrusive behavior at the airport. He was carrying a small briefcase and he had no hesitation standing in a security queue and having him frisked by security officials.

These memories came to me when I saw him swearing on as President of India on 25th July 2002. ‘Wings of Fire’- his autobiography is short, sweet, and inspiring. I liked the way he observed the American way of managing things ‘Americans meet their problems head on. They attempt to get out of them rather than suffer them’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10cc gulp and 24 hour high

Rabbit and Tortoise story in Marathi musical

Madhav Julian and Indiver -प्रेमस्वरुप आई and Zindgi Ka Safar