Kahlil to Nancy

I knew Kahlil Gibran as a great philosopher and even had read some his profound and mystical analysis of life's eternal truths. But reading ' The Prophet' is truly exhilarating. The effect would last for long time. As I was reading this book, I thought of sensuous personality from his country of origin.
I had heard her songs at most places in the middle east but did not have an idea who the singer was. On the flight from Dubai to Cairo, one of her song captivated me immensely. I memorised the tune and was determined to find out the singer . At downtown Cairo, I hummed the tune to my Egyptian friend and he said ' Nancy Ajram '. Soon, we were at the music shop to buy one of her album that had all the catchy numbers. Gautam during his visit to Dubai took fancy for her tunes. I do hope he still has that CD in his home . Nancy is seductive with melodious voice and a familiar figure on mba TV channel.

Her song 'Enta Eih' is another lovely song with great lyrics but I love the 'Maa Feesh' , the number that made me go to music shop and discover her.




Ma feesh haga tiggi kidah, Ihda habeebi kida, wirjaa' zayyi zamaan
Ya inbi ismaa'ni, ha itdalaa'ni, takhod a'aini kaman.

Ma feesh haga tiggi kidah, Ihda habeebi kida, wirjaa' zayyi zamaan
Ya inbi ismaa'ni, ha itdalaa'ni, takhod a'aini kaman.

Hebeebi araab bossi, iw bossi, boss.
Zaa'laan, iza'al.
Iza'al nossi noss.
Lahsan ha iba'aid, Aba'aid
Aah we noss we ahsib inta akeid khasraan

Akeid, Ma feesh haga tiggi kidah, Ihda habeebi kida, wirjaa' zayyi zamaan.
Ya inbi ismaa'ni, ha itdalaa'ni, takhod a'aini kaman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10cc gulp and 24 hour high

Rabbit and Tortoise story in Marathi musical

Madhav Julian and Indiver -प्रेमस्वरुप आई and Zindgi Ka Safar